Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Creative Embellishing

I seem to get hung up on a stamp set sometimes and Precious Love is no exception.

First I stamped the cake on White Daisy cardstock and used my Blending pen to colour the swags and flowers in. Then I went for three coats of clear embossing powder. I just wiped my Versamark pad over the entire piece of cardstock, then used clear embossing powder. I repeated this three times to get a nice thick coat. Had I wanted the "Cracked Glass" look, I could have put the piece in the freezer for a minute or two, then gently bent it when I took it out and the embossing would have cracked like glass.

I stamped the Blush cardstock in coordinating ink and then it was time for embellishments. I took some White Daisy organdy ribbon and did a running stitch through it. I pulled the string tight to gather the ribbon, then I sewed the ends together to make a flower or closed circle. I stuck two Opaque Gems together to create a pearl. I used Liquid Glass to adhere the pearl to the ribbon flower.

Finally, I used old White Daisy buckles and threaded White Daisy Organdy ribbon through them for this decoration down the right hand side. I'm indifferent to it at this point, but think it adds an interesting touch to the card.


All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: Precious Love
Cardstock: Black; White Daisy; Blush
Ink: Versamark; Black; Blush; Buttercup; Hollyhock; Topiary; Cotton Candy
Embellishments: White Daisy Organdy Ribbon and buckles; Opaque Gems
Other: Clear Embossing Powder



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!