Saturday, December 10, 2011

A small interruption!

I create things for one big craft fair every year. I have become very smitten with felt and started creating felt hair accessories, last year.

Yes, I do use my Nestabilities; Sizzix; and Quickutz to create them. This year, after getting and using my Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, I decided I would make a holder for my hair accessories, rather than just letting them float around inside the zip lock bags I put them in.

I cut my favourite shape.....I call it the bracket square. First I cut 4 from a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 Colonial White cardstock. I used this a template to design the printed words for each tag. Once I had everything lined up just right, I put several pieces of cardstock through my printer for the words. Then I cut the shapes with my Cricut.

I stamped the flourish image from CTMH's May, You and Me promotional stamp set, in Sweet Leaf Ink. Then I used a punch that punches holes to thread ribbon through, to punch holes for the barrette or hair clip to slide through. Then I slide these into zip lock bags and they hang nicely on my display/sale rack, with all of my information there.

You may notice, I also used a glittered Bigger brad for the centre. I dipped the brad in Liquid Glass and then in Prisma Glitter before using it to secure the layers of my flower.

All paper supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: You and Me
Cardstock: Colonial White
Ink: Sweet Leaf


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!