Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Avonlea with a Ribbon surprise!

A recently posted a picture of a card made using Tresa Black's singed ribbon technique. I didn't stop at just one, this card is another result of that technique.


I made a simple card with this luscious Avonlea Teal patterned paper. I wanted a way to attach my hair clip to the card, so you can see below how I achieved that.

The beautiful accessory is Close To My Heart's Slate polka dot satin ribbon. I cut a piece of ribbon approximately 13 - 15" long for this flower. I started at one end about 1/4" away from the edge of the ribbon and angle cut a strip from the ribbon. This is so the center part would be smaller at the end than the outside or bottom edge.

I singed the cut edge with a tea light candle, then hand sewed a basting stitch along the finished edge. Once I gathered the ribbon, it naturally curls around to create this flower. I added one of our Designer brads, then sewed a piece of grey felt to cover the raw edges. Then I hot glued it to a metal hair clip.


I stamped the Twilight cardstock with Universal Backgrounds. I stamped the shape with an image from Simple Memories and the sentiments from, From Me To You. I embossed "Celebrate" with silver powder.


All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Avonlea
Stamps: From Me To  You; Universal Backgrounds; Simple Memories
Cardstock: Twilight; Whisper; Black; Slate
Ink: Twilight; Black; Versamark
Embellishments: Slate Polka Dot Satin Ribbon; Designer and Black Brads; Silver embossing powder
Other: Grey felt; Hair clip



1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful card Nancy - I do love how you made the bow accessory clip to the card - now that's clever!! Nice work!
    Hugs -

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!