Sunday, September 9, 2012

Humble Artist's Swap - Aug 2012

Here is my entry for another installation of the Humble Artist's Swap. This card was created for our August 10th date, with guidelines listed below.



Here are the guidelines for this swap....they were somethin'!
Aug 10 GUIDELINES:
-Minimum 8 layers
-Use ONLY neutrals and one colour
-Use one stamp set with the word “Background” in it
-Use one stamp set with the word “Borders” in it
-Have at least 2 other different stamped images
-Use at least 3 Art Philosophy shapes
-Minimum 3 embellishments
-Card must be at least 4 ¼ x 5 ½ 

I stamped with Baroque Borders on the background layer in Slate ink on Slate cardstock. The trio of grey is stamped with the script image from Universal Backgrounds in Slate ink. The cardstock colours are: Grey Flannel; Whisper; and Slate.

I added patterned paper from retired Lucy. I cut the patterned paper; "Live"; leaf stem and the bracket shapes with Art Philosophy and Artiste. The tiny tag and flower were cut by hand. The sentiment on the tiny tag came from a retired flourish set.

The flower image is from Love Blooms and I coloured it with our wonderful new Alcohol markers in Cotton Candy. I gathered up some of our new Black Tulle to add a ruffle underneath the flower, then added some Sparkles to the flower centre. Finally, I tied up my tiny tag with some Black Waxy Flax to meet my 3 embellishment rule!

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Lucy
Stamps: Baroque Borders; Universal Backgrounds; Love Blooms
Cardstock: Slate; White Daisy; Grey Flannel; Whisper
Ink: Slate; Black; Cotton Candy markers
Embellishments: Black Waxy Flax and Tulle Ribbon; Sparkles
Tools: Art Philosophy and Artiste Cricut cartridges
Other: Black Memento ink




1 comment:

  1. Nancy you have a great eye for matching different elements to make awesome cards. Keep them coming.

    I also want to present you with the Liebster award!! All of the details on how to accept the award are in this post on my blog:

    http://p-inks.blogspot.ca/2012/09/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!