Friday, November 23, 2012

Out of Memory.........

Well, after reading what I thought was a crazy thing that happened to Vicki Wizniuk, I was too lazy and chose to NOT heed her advice. I was about to create some new posts for my blog, and while attempting to upload some pictures I got a message saying I was out of memory!

Well, I hope to NEVER be out of memory.....personally......but this is evidence once again, we should all take Vicki's advice and now mine. RESIZE YOUR PICTURES before posting them to your blog.

I use Photoshop in various forms and it is very simple to resize your image. You click on "Image", then in the drop down menu you will see "Image Size". I was told by my webmaster to resize pictures to 400 x 600 pixels....easy to remember as a 4x6 photo. If you are using Photoshop CS5, as you type one number, the proper size for the other side automatically keys in. This is wonderful feature, because when resizing in Photoshop Elements 5, I remember having to guess at the other number. It made me laugh sometimes, because if my guess was really off the picture would go from rectangular to square. I started just subtracting 1200 pixels from each number that appeared when I went into the image size and that seemed to do the trick.

I will now attempt to get into my album to resize or delete some photos. I could not get past the pop up box to create a profile last night, in the Picassa album. I may have to pay for more memory......or I will get my computer genius Son on it to crack the code/system for me! (I never imagined I would ask my 16 year old, or any teenager, to rescue me with a fix in our cyber world!) I will let you know how I make out, if it is something different than suggestions Vicki made.

So, until I resolve this, I guess my artwork will be temporarily unavailable!


4 comments:

  1. I am truly sorry for your computer situation! I can't live without my computer, but someways I can't live with it, either. They are the perfect example of a love - hate relationship. Consider yourself lucky to have a young person around! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just happened to me, too. I wondered about it. One way I found around adding a pic was by copy/pasting from a web URL. I may have to go in and delete some of my posts, too, or some such. Let me know what you find out, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy... I am probably headed this route as well before too long. I resize my photos in Picasa to 800 pixels - I hope that is small enough. I may just go back to Vicky's blog and reread her post about this issue again. I am so sorry it has happened to you - good luck sorting it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for referring me. I recently had this unexpected problem. How many photos did you delete, and how much space did it free up?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!