Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Die cut burlap flowers

This card was created for my Die cutting & Embossing class. It really started with this wonderful pink burlap I picked up while in the U.S., in March.
I cut strips of this pink burlap, the same size as the Sizzix die I planned to use for cutting the flower layers. I painted one side of the burlap with Modge Podge, then hung it to dry. The Modge Podge adds stiffness so once you have cut shapes you can mold them and the fabric does not fray.

We inked an embossing folder with Slate ink, then embossed Whisper cardstock in it. The patterned paper is from, For Always. I cut the sentiment shape with Art Philosophy, then stamped with an image from, Thank   You. The flower brad is retired.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: For Always
Cardstock: White Daisy; Whisper
Ink: Slate
Embellishments: White Daisy flower brad
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Other: Pink burlap; Modge Podge; Sizzix die

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!