Monday, May 13, 2013

Humble Artist's Swap

Here is my Humble Artist's Swap card, for our April 10th submission.
I started with a Colonial White card base. I added Lagoon cardstock, then patterned paper from, For Always. I inked the patterned paper with Lagoon ink.

Next I stamped some Pear cardstock with the birdcage image from, Hello Tweety, in Black ink. I added a Black mat. Underneath this piece is some Colonial White cardstock with some Sweet Leaf stitched grosgrain ribbon. 

I cut about a 1 1/2 inch strip of the polka dot, For Always Textiles, with my pinking shears. I dragged both my Lagoon and Pear stamp pads along the front and back of the fabric to add colour. I did a loose baste stitch along one long edge, then pulled it so the fabric pulled itself into this round. I stitched up the raw edges together, then stuck it down to the birdcage piece.

I stamped the bird, from My Sunshine, April's stamp of the month in both Lagoon and Pear ink. I added a Bitty Black brad for an eye, then added the sentiment, stamped in Black ink. I also added some Sparkles in the right bottom corner, but they are not showing up so well.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: My Sunshine; Hello Tweety
Paper: For Always
Cardstock: Colonial White; Pear; Lagoon
Ink: Black; Lagoon; Pear
Embellishments: Bitty Black Brad; Sweet Leaf stitched grosgrain ribbon; For Always textiles; Sparkles
Tools: Art Philosophy & Artiste Cricut cartridges
Other: thread; pinking shears

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!