Saturday, August 3, 2013

You Only Live Once!

What a job it would be to get to name all of the new stamp sets in our Fall/Winter 2013 Idea Book....I could go with that! This card uses, You Only Live Once, a new Hostess only stamp set. I paired it with the amazing Laughing Lola patterned paper.
This is the card gals who attended my Open House, last weekend, made. We started by stamping the centre flower with Lagoon ink. I had also stamped a flower on scrap paper and cut it out, to use as the mask. We covered the flower we just stamped, with this mask, then stamped the flower twice more with Crystal Blue ink. Once we removed the mask, we stamped the sentiment in Black ink, then added some Stardust Glitz to the centre of each flower.

The Lagoon border was randomly stamped, with the small tri-flower image, using Lagoon ink. We used our Distresser and roughed up the edges of all of the pieces before adhering them to the White Daisy card base. We tied up the border with some Black hemp, then sprinkled some Sparkles on it.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Laughing Lola
Stamps: You Only Live Once
Cardstock: White Daisy; Black; Lagoon
Ink: Lagoon; Crystal Blue; Black
Embellishments: Black Hemp; Sparkles; Stardust Glitz
Tools: Artiste Cricut cartridge; Distresser

1 comment:

  1. Great card Nancy. I haven't even played with new stamps yet. There's something radically wrong with me!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!