Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall Splendor "Diffused"

My August Embossing & Die cut class was a wee bit different than others, for a few reasons. First, the registered gals could not make the class, but wanted kits. I was scrambling as our family was going on their 2 week vacation at the end of August. Therefore, while I had the cards in mind, they did not make it to kit until September.
The theme for August's class, was "Diffusing". I used Tim Holtz's Diffusers. The first card used the circle diffuser with, Always Grateful, new stamp set.

Diffusers are easy to use. I chose this swirly folder first, then decided if I wanted the entire surface of cardstock embossed, except for the circle. Or, emboss just the circle and leave the rest without embossing. So I chose the diffuser with the circle cut out of it. A "Diffuser" is really the same material as a cutting plate for your manual die cut machine. If there is no cutting plate pressing on the embossing folder, it will not emboss.

After embossing, I stamped this tree with Garden Green and Saddle ink. I added a curve to the sentiment, so it hugged the unembossed middle. I only added a small piece of Bronze Shimmer Trim, so as not to take away from the focus of this card.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: Always Grateful
Cardstock: White Daisy; Saddle
Ink: Garden Green; Saddle
Embellishments: Bronze Shimmer Trim
Other: Embossing Folder; Tim Holtz Diffusers



3 comments:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!