Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday!

Today is my husband's 50th birthday! He was an amazing person when I met him and he HAS continued to get BETTER with age!
For his birthday card, I used Sarita patterned paper and My Stickease for this card. The background is Outdoor Denim cardstock with the patterned paper mounted on Lagoon cardstock. I inked our Houndstooth Alphabet Irresistibles with Lagoon ink, for "50". The word "Happy" is our cute Keyboard Kraft Alphabet stickers. Then I have added Square Durables Studs.

My husband doesn't know it, but I am having a surprise birthday party for him on Saturday. I was busy making pieces and parts for several appetizers today. I also baked Lemony Lemon Brownies and a Cinnamon Bun cake. Both recipes are from Pinterest...so we will see what they taste like?! Tomorrow my son and I are going to bake Randy his birthday cake, which will be a Pumpkin Cheesecake. I will finish the appys and stash them over at my neighbours, so my husband doesn't wonder what all of the extra food in the fridge is for. A friend of his will take him out for dinner while friends arrive and then we wait to surprise him. This is the exact same thing I did for his 40th, so I hope he is not suspicious!

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Sarita
Cardstock: White Daisy; Outdoor Denim; Lagoon
Ink: Lagoon; Outdoor Denim
Embellishments: Sarita My Stickease; Durables; Keyboard Alphabet; Irresistibles


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day tomorrow! Take some photos of your recipes and let us know how they turned out :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!