Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Snowflakes.....oh beautiful snowflakes!

I LOVE snow and snowflakes! Since we do not get much of either on the "Wet" Coast of Vancouver Island, I decided to substitute with a paper snow storm! This is one of the cards made at my recent Embossing & Die cut card class.
I wanted to utilize a non-traditional Christmas colour and went with the gorgeous purples of Close To My Heart's, Laughing Lola paper. I stamped the sentiment from, Merry & Bright, in Black ink on Lagoon cardstock. The border patterned strips are the zip strips cut from the patterned paper.

This lovely wool felt is from My Favorite Things and is "Grapesicle" in colour. I cut the snowflake with a die from Couture Creations, purchased from Crop Stop. I added a Glitter Paper star to the centre of the snowflake. It was what remained on my cutting mat after cutting a snowflake with Artiste.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Laughing Lola
Stamp: Merry & Bright
Ink: Black
Embellishments: Glitter Paper
Cardstock: White Daisy; Lagoon
Tools: Artiste Cricut cartridge
Other: My Favorite Things Grapesicle felt; Couture Creations Snowflake die

3 comments:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!