Friday, April 11, 2014

Lilies and Laughing Lola

I LOVE nature! For many years, since moving to Victoria, British Columbia, I have become fascinated with flowers. It is hard not to when they are in bloom almost 12 months of the year. These dies have got me going petal crazy!
 I started with a My Creations Kraft Container and covered it with paper from Laughing Lola. I put Black Shimmer Trim around the bottom, but it isn't showing very sparkly.

The beautiful lilies are made from Susan Tierney-Cockburn dies, from Sizzix. I used the Mini Lily die set and fashioned these after Saskatchewan's provincial flower. I grew up calling them, "Prairie Lilies", but they are more commonly known as Tiger Lilies. 
I cut them from retired Sunflower cardstock, then the leaves from retired Garden Green. I put the dots on with a Ruby alcohol marker and underneath that, the base of each petal is coloured with a Sorbet alcohol marker. I used Susan's tool kit to shape both petals and leaves.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Laughing Lola
Stamp: retired
Ink: Black; Ruby & Sorbet Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Black; White Daisy; retired Sunflower & Garden Green
Embellishments: Black Shimmer Trim; Kraft Container
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Other: Sizzix Susan Tierney-Cockburn Mini Lily Die set & Tool Kit


2 comments:

  1. Those flowers are fantastic. Quite a few steps, but definitely worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely cool! Looking forward to seeing some more floral projects from you :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!