Monday, May 19, 2014

Feathers, apples and arrows oh my......

Oh yes, apples do play nice with feathers and arrows! This is another card from my May embossing & die cutting class that was lifted from another consultant. Wish I had made a note of who, but Thank you just the same.
This card started with Juniper cardstock. I cut this rectangle screen with Artbooking, then added these wonderful patterned pieces from our May promotion, Free To Be Me paper pack. The apple is stamped with Ruby ink and is from our May stamp of the month, You've Got A Friend. It is matted with some resist cardstock, also from Free To Be Me paper pack. It is all tied up with Cranberry Baker's Twine.

I used a fun technique for the sentiment piece. You may not really see it too well, but I used Tim Holtz's new Distress Marker Spritzer, to treat the White Daisy cardstock before stamping the sentiment on it. I loaded up one our Sweet Leaf alcohol markers and spritzed away to get a bit of colour down. It worked like a charm and added a wonderful new use for markers.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Free To Be Me
Stamp: May SOTM You've Got A Friend
Cardstock: Juniper; White Daisy
Ink: Ruby; Sweet Leaf Alcohol marker
Embellishments: Cranberry Baker's Twine
Tools: Artbooking Cricut cartridge
Other: Tim Holt's Distress Marker Spritzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!