Wednesday, July 30, 2014

OPEN HOUSE Aug 8, 9 and 10

I am sooooooo excited for our NEW Annual Inspirations Idea Book to launch on August 1st, that I have been furiously creating artwork to show you. I've been hiding it for almost a month and thought I might share the card attendees at my Open House will be making.
 We'll start first with a new technique, which is "Using your embossing folder as a stencil". I read about this from another CTMH Consultant, then tried it on my own. I rubbed our new Flaxen coloured ink pad over my Dots Embossing Folder, then spritzed with some water diluted Lagoon reinker. I closed the folder, but just rubbed the ink into/onto the paper, rather than actually embossing it using my Big Shot.

I stamped these love flowers with Black Memento ink, then coloured them in with our new Shin Han Art Markers. The alcohol markers are fun to colour with and the two colours I used almost match another 2 of our NEW colours, Thistle and Pixie.

Then I added some patterned paper from our NEW Chalk It UP paper pack, as well as, some sweet New Thistle ribbon. The sentiment and banner are from Oodles of Doodles with Black and Lagoon cardstock. I punched the border with our Scallop Border Punch.

Join me at my OPEN HOUSE:
Fri, Aug 8 from 6 – 8pm
Sat, Aug 9 from 3 – 5pm
Sun, Aug 10 from 11am – 1pm

Now, some exciting things will start to happen on my blog at midnight PST Thursday. I am participating in this AMAZING New Product Blog Hop set up by Tresa Black. Stop by to see some amazing artwork with new product from our Annual Inspirations Idea Book, that goes live Aug 1! Contact me to get your own copy! See you then!
All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Chalk It Up - NEW
Stamps: Oodles of Doodles; Love This
Ink: Flaxen 0 NEW; Lagoon; Black
Alcohol Markers: Shin Han Art Markers - NEW
Embellishments: Thistle Ribbon - NEW; Opaques
Tools: Dots Embossing Folder; Scallop Punch; Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Other: Memento Black ink

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Nancy! The spritz of Lagoon is amazing, what a great idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!