Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 5 New Product Blog Hop

I was stunned at all of the amazing artwork I saw at Close To My Heart's annual convention in Disneyland, in late June. There was an amazing banner made my Michelle Snyder and I had to replicate it, once home. This card is my Day 5 entry in the New Product Blog Hop. It features 3 of our NEW Colors.
I made the banner and ended up with a left over panel. So, I made a 5 x 7 card with the panel. I used my new Score Board to make lines on NEW Glacier cardstock. Then I rubbed my Whisper ink pad over top to highlight the lines. I think it almost looks like painted wood.

I used our fabulous Paper Fundamentals...that are clear resist patterns on one side and the same printed pattern on the reverse side....and matted it with NEW Flaxen cardstock. The flowers were cut with NEW Thistle cardstock and I added a NEW Gold Sequin embellishment to the centre.

I cut the White Daisy shape and flower from Art Philosophy and then used my journaling pen to outline different pieces.

All supplies are Close To My  Heart.
Stamp: Say It In Style
Cardstock: Paper Fundamentals; White Daisy; Whisper; Slate; NEW Thistle, Flaxen, Glacier
Embellishments: NEW Gold Sequins
Tools: Journaling Pen; Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

3 comments:

  1. It does, indeed, look like painted wood. Pretty card. Thanks for sharing your tip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I totally need to lift this one! Awesome technique and I love the weathered painted wood results!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!