Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Christmas card of 2014!!

I cannot believe I have made a Christmas card in September! This September is so turned around....with our kids not back at public school yet. Thankfully, it looks as though they could be going back as early as Monday. Then I will feel like I can get into the Fall groove. For now, this Christmas card is the first in several I have to make for a friend, to send overseas soon.
 This card was inspired by Vicki Wizniuk's workshop using this wonderful and new, Snowhaven paper. I also used a great new stamp set called, Merry, Merry. I love this set because it has a wreath and bird image.

I started this card by stamping this sweet bird in Desert Sand ink on Glacier cardstock. Then used a sponge to distress the piece with Desert Sand ink. I used Versamark ink and stamped 3 wreaths, then embossed them with clear powder. Then I got my sponge and started to apply Crystal Blue ink around the wreaths. Seemed the Crystal Blue ink sometimes got smushed with the part of the same sponge that had Desert Sand ink on it......I like how they blended together!

Next, I added Red Glitz to all of the berries, then used Cranberry pigment ink to stamp this sentiment on White Daisy cardstock. I added clear embossing powder, then cut it out to pop up over the wreath and bird piece. I added Kraft; Glacier; and Cranberry mats along with the Snowhaven border pattern and my card was finished. Here is a close up so you can see the embossing and ink resist.
All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: Merry, Merry
Paper: Snowhaven
Cardstock: Kraft; Cranberry; Glacier; White Daisy
Ink: Crystal Blue; Desert Sand; Pigment Cranberry
Embellishments: Red Glitz; Clear Embossing Powder
Other: Versamark

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty details, Nancy. I am thinking Christmas, too. Just wish I wasn't so tired at the end of each day. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!