Friday, January 9, 2015

Is it too early for Spring flowers?

I love daffodils. We have farms in Victoria that supply a good portion of Canada with them, too. They are probably the easiest flower to grow and they are one of the first ones to pop up, when the weather starts to improve.

Now, not to brag (well, maybe just a little), daffodils usually start to bloom as early as the beginning of February in Victoria. Na, na, na, na na...........really......often times we have daffodils in bloom when we get our annual 24 hours of snow viewing! I love to call friends from where I grew up in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to help them feel better, when I tell them we got snow here in Victoria. I do like to mention that the snow is weighing heavily on the yellow blooms of my daffodils! Mean.....maybe, but fun every single  year!

When I saw this gorgeous stamp set, A Little Note, in our Seasonal Expressions, it was on my list of first to buy! I coloured stems and flowers with our Shin Han Alcohol Markers, then filled in with my White gelly roll pen.
I used patterned paper from both Hopscotch and Heartstrings along with Glacier and Sunset cardstock. The base and coloured pieces are both on Colonial White cardstock.
 This particular set of cards is 4 x 4 and I made them for a very inspirational friend, for Christmas.
All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: A Little Note
Paper: Hopscotch; Heartstrings
Cardstock: Colonial White; Sunset; Glaceir
Ink: Black; Shin Han Markers
Other: Sakura Gelly Roll White pen; Memento Black ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!