Monday, January 26, 2015

Valentine's Day is just around the corner!

For the past 10 days or so, I have been working on creating several 5 x 7 Valentine cards to sell at my friend's coffee shop. In addition to this, I also had to make generic cards for sale, to go along with them. I delivered all of the cards yesterday, so I'm excited to see how the Valentine cards do. I'm going to show you what they look like over the coming days.

Here is one of the first I created using our January Stamp of the Month, In the Moment, which is available for just a few more days.
I first embossed some Whisper cardstock with our Hearts Embossing folder, then lightly coloured over each embossed heart with a Shin Han Marker. I added some of our gorgeous retired Ruby Chevron Washi Tape to some Lagoon cardstock, for a border.

I stamped the target and "Straight from the heart" sentiment with Ruby ink on White Daisy cardstock. Next I used another wonderful stamp set, You're the Bomb. Each of the bottom words were stamped with Black ink on White Daisy cardstock and matted with Lagoon cardstock. You're the Bomb is available until March 31st and CTMH will donate $3 towards Operation Smile from each purchase of the stamp set.

Finally, I added our Red Enamel Hearts to complete the card. These hearts are great, because they add dimension and I actually coloured them with my Shin Han Markers before applying them.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Heartstrings
Stamps: Jan SOTM, In the Moment; You're the Bomb
Ink: Black; Ruby; Shin Han Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Whisper; Lagoon; White Daisy
Embellishments: Red Enamel Hearts; Ruby Chevron Washi Tape

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!