Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Another Valentine's card & Challenge

I noticed a Close To My Heart friend, Casandra Bennett made a sweet card that she entered in the Love themed challenge #172 over at Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog. Since I have been using parts and pieces I had previously cut and/or stamped, on my Valentine's cards, I thought this would be a great challenge to enter.
The piece I started with was the stamped heart and Cricut cut Lagoon heart flourish circle. I added a Ruby and White Daisy cardstock circle, then stamped my sentiment from a retired set in Black ink. I added Red Glitz to the heart and sponged Black ink around the edges, just to make it pop a bit more.

The patterned paper is from Heartstrings and the "I Love You" sentiment is stamped from a retired Stamp of the Month. I finished the card with Black Shimmer Trim.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Heartstrings
Stamps: retired
Cardstock: Black; White Daisy; Lagoon; Ruby
Ink: Black; Ruby
Embellishments: Black Shimmer Trim; Red Glitz
Tools: Artiste Cricut Cartridge

2 comments:

  1. I really love your color palette for this card! That blue is so striking with the pink. Great use of the different DP's. They really blend well together! Thanks for playing with us at UYS this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those papers! And that pop of blue on the card makes lots of difference!
    Thanks for sharing at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!