Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wedding Season

I thought I would create a card to show a friend, who is planning a wedding, what I could create for invitations for them. I got a little (lot) carried away and came up with this card, instead!
This is one of my favourite stamp sets for weddings; Valentine's Day and many other projects. It is retired and was one included in a Workshop On The Go, before names were put on the stamp sets. So, I can't even tell you what it is called and what paper pack it came from.....but it is fabulous!

I did a Vicki Wizniuk and rubbed Thistle ink over top of this retired black and white patterned paper from, For Always. I covered the piece with the script background image, then added roses around a portion of the piece. I stamped the couple in black twice, to make it pop more. I could have embossed it, but was feeling lazy. I also stamped the sentiment in Black.

I added black mats and some White Shimmer Trim. Then I added a flower that has been sitting on my workspace for more than a year. I used some cheap glitter paper with a spiral flower cut from Art Philosophy, but didn't like how the flower looked. You can't really see it in this photo, but the glitter paper has some yellow tinge to it and it was a bit to gawdy for what I wanted.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: retired For Always
Stamp: retired
Cardstock: Thistle; Black; White Daisy
Ink: Thistle; Black
Embellishments: White Shimmer Trim; Clear Sparkle
Tools: Art Philosophy
Other: Glitter paper 


3 comments:

  1. For Always is one of my favourite papers for the very reason that it can be coloured to whatever colour scheme you want - and I do it often! This is a terrific card - love the Thistle with the black and white as it is so striking, along with that stunning flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept this stamp set, too. I may have to scraplift this one since I have a good friend getting married Labor Day weekend, and my brother just got married last week. Beautiful and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. It was Bliss. I remember only because that is the name of the township I live in and why I chose my "Scrappinbliss" name.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!