Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's here......it's here.........

OMG.....it is finally here....September 1st and the release of our NEW Idea Book! I have been looking forward to this day for so long....I have so much artwork to share! Let me start with a beautiful stamp set, that is part of our National Stamping Month promotion, for September. 
Well, first I want to share our NEW Watercolour paper and paints. Oh me, Oh my.....what fun I have had with this paper and these paints. The cool thing is our watercolour paper is different than any I've seen before. It is the same weight as our cardstock and it is without texture. You can always tell it apart from our White Daisy cardstock by holding them together. Our watercolour paper has a bit of a grey hue to it.

I cut this delightful butterfly from our NEW Artistry Cricut cartridge and Watercolour paper. I used some removable adhesive to stick the butterfly down to another piece of Watercolour paper. Then I got my flat brush wet and added three splotches of colour. I filled my Spritzer with water and spritzed away to get the colour moving. I let the paper dry, then decided to add some more colour. Again, I spritzed to move the colour around. Before the paint dried, I used the pointy end of my poker and just lightly scraped some lines into the bottom of each of the wings. The paint will settle into these lines and it adds a nice bit of texture.

Once the paint was dry, again, I gently lifted the butterfly up. I sponged a very light edge of Black ink around the butterfly, then stuck it back in place with some Thin Foam Tape. I used Black ink to stamp this wonderful sentiment from one of our gorgeous sets offered for September's National Stamping Month. I accidentally got some Black ink on the edge of my block, then transferred it to my piece when I stamped the sentiment. So, it seemed fitting to add some more Black lines as an artful accident. I added some Turquoise Epoxy Dots and some Black as the butterfly body and this card was done.


All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: September National Stamping Month, Hello - Life!
Paper: Black; Watercolour
Tools: Watercolour Paints; Artistry Cricut Cartridge
Embellishments: Turquoise Epoxy Dots


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!