Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Work it Wednesday

I have been away from my blog while I learn the ways of my new computer and get my taxes done. I wanted to post this card for Work It Wednesday, at Simon Says Stamp's blog. I have also been working on Mother's Day cards to sell at Township Coffee.
I started by stamping some Canary cardstock with an image from Botanical Backgrounds in Black ink. I mounted that on some Black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment with Cotton Candy and Black ink from retired set, Say It In Style on Colonial White cardstock. I added some Gold Foil Tape to the top and bottom of the sentiment piece.

I cut Pixie; Canary; and retired Garden Green cardstock with my Helleborus dies by Sizzix Susan's Garden. I coloured the flower petals with my Shin Han and Copic Markers, then shaped them with my tool kit. I rolled the stamen, then dipped it with Susan's Garden Yellow pollen. I worked the leaves with the tool kit, then put all of the pieces together and added it to my card.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: Botanical Backgrounds; Say It In Style
Cardstock: Colonial White; Canary; Pixie; Garden Green
Ink: Black; Cotton Candy; Shin Han Alcohol Markers
Embellishments: Gold Foil Tape
Other: Sizzix Susan's Garden Helleborus Dies & Tool Kit; Susan's Garden Yellow Pollen


2 comments:

  1. Wowie! I love how you used the Botanical Backgrounds here - very cool! Nice card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card, really stands out from the linky! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!