Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Bloom flowers, bloom......

I am so fortunate to live in beautiful Victoria, BC where we have flowers in bloom almost all year round. While some places are just coming out of their winter season, we have already seen a huge show of blooms. In fact, our March 3-9 flower count results were: 25,864,976,064 blooms!!!
So, I love to stamp flowers and our NEW Happy Times stamp and paper pack for May, makes me very happy!
For this card I used the ombre patterned paper on a Black cardstock mat. I cut up some of the gold foil strips from another patterned paper in the pack and layed them out in different dimensions. I stamped these sweet poppies with Sunset and Canary ink. With our clear stamps, it is easy to stamp with one colour, then restamp with another colour over top to get a mixed colour. The smaller flowers I stamped with Canary ink. I added a dot of Stardust Glitz to the base of each Canary flower. 

I stamped the sentiment in Black ink and added a flourish image from a favourite retired set. I also added lines with my Black Journaling pen.
Happy Times
All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: Happy Times May 2016 
Stamp: Happy Times; retired flourish
Ink: Canary; Sunset; Black; Black Journaling pen
Embellishments: Stardust Glitz


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thank You!